Hot Topic: Nursing Homes for Sex Offenders & Violent Offenders

I'm in search of long term care placement in a facility for a sex offender who also has medicaid as primary payer.


I'm a social services assistant. I've had no luck with calling and asking the facilities that I am aware of. I would appreciate any advise.

What state are you in? What is the primary ailment of the the person? Does he have dementia? Is he a veteran? If he's a vet, I would call the nearest Veteran's hospital to see if they have any referrals.

I'm in NC and I would contact the Murdock Hospital in Butner, NC. They treat and house many types of patients, even those who are inmates. I would imagine they have referrals for other psychiatric facilities. I think that's where I would start, since it may be difficult to obtain acceptance at a regular long term care facility.

You might also call your local jail and ask them where they send inmates who have mental health issues. If this person does not have mental health issues, but just age related decline or physical ailments, I'm not sure what I would do. That's a tough situation.

I'm curious as to what you find out.
Proctor Hospital opened a geriatric psych unit in 2012. Either there or at Methodist Medical Center in Peoria.
....Answer Ques Here...

No comments: